Milwaukee-based investment advisor navigated through the financial crisis without having to resort to layoffs. In fact, it increased its staff 10% since 2007.
Aside from total compensation averaging six figures for salaried employees, Baird offers:
- 37.5 hour work week for hourly employees.
- Bonuses and profit-sharing for all employees.
- An opportunity to buy stock in this privately held firm. Nearly half of employees have done so.
- Free investment planning for all employees.
- Bonuses that range from $1,000 to $10,000 for referring a new employee.
"Baird cares about their associates very much," says one employee. "This place is like a second family."